Re: removing ^M from a text file

Noah L Meyerhans writes:

Noah> On Tue, 12 Jan 1999, M.C. Vernon wrote:

>> Dear all,
>>
>> I had the misfortune to be stuck with MSWrite over the vac, and although I
>> told it to save as plain text, it didn't. I can delete most of the cruft,
>> but there is ^M at the end of each and every line. I've tried catdoc,
>> word2x, and sed, but none of them will remove them. Can you suggest
>> anything, please?

Noah> dos2unix, in the sysutils package.

	Also, one might want to look at François Pinard's `recode', a
powerfull toy to convert files between different charsets. This is obviously
too much for just what you want (dos2unix is indeed the thing) but it's always
good to know it exists.

--
    /     /   _   _       Didier Verna        http://www.inf.enst.fr/~verna/
 - / / - / / /_/ /      E.N.S.T. INF C201.1      mailto:verna@inf.enst.fr