a sad goodnight...

hello all, mr. installation problems here again,

i tried the terca rescue (boot) disk but i get the same problem. the boot
sequence seems fine until after the stream of text; that is, until right
before the first dialogue window (concerning color/monochrome display). upon
closer inspection the computer is working (there is text on the screen just
not lit up - the screen is "off") but the screen is black. at a certain angle
text can be seen...

i actually found a reference to this problem on the net (from the linux on a
micron millennia transport homepage) which says:

"The Linux boot code doesn't know about the Cirrus 7555 video chip. It
identifies it as a Cirrux 54xx. The code saves the current video settings and
mis-initializes the chip causing the screen to blank. When I hit CTL-ALT-DEL,
the saved video settings are restored during shutdown which turns the screen
back on."

but i'm not sure if this refers to me because i don't think i have a cirrus
7555 video chip, although our computers are similar.

again, any ideas would be a blessing.

goodnight :(

ari