Re: Type tags for Debian packages.

In foo.debian-devel, you wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I have the following idea:
>
> [snipped for bandwidth]

The problem I have with a heirarchical structure is that you always
have those 'gray area' packages that may go into one location or another.

For example:
I have an X11-based system administration tool.
Should it go into X11/system or system/X11?
I will leave more convoluted examples as an excercise for the reader.

A keyword based system would not have this problem.

Could your idea be implemented without having to modify all the packages?
Maybe as a seperately maintained index?

-Mitch