Re: hosts.deny problem.

Andrew Ivanov <c680789@showme.missouri.edu> writes:

> Hi.
> I've been trying to limit the incoming connection into my machine by
> trying to setup hosts.allow and hosts.deny, but I believe I've run into
> problem.
> hosts.allow
> ALL: localhost,128.206.x.x : ALL
>
> hosts.deny
> ALL: ALL
>
> Basicly, what I'm trying to do is not allow any connections from the
> outside, except from localhost and IP 128.206.x.x
> What am I doing wrong?

I am not an expert, but try the following line in your hosts.allow.
ALL:  localhost 128.206. : ALL

If you have your own domain name, you can also use the following:
ALL:  .domain.name : ALL

Note that you don't used a '*' or other wild-card characters, and use
a space rather than a comma for separating.

--
Carl Johnson		carlj@peak.org