Re: Starting another Xterm in X

Steven Baker hat gesagt: // Steven Baker wrote:

> The reason _why_ it doesn't read your alias requires a long winding
> explanation, so I won't go into detail here...  but, the way to fix it, is by
> using X resources.
>
> Edit ~/.Xresources in your favorite text editor.  ANd use these resources
>
> xterm*font:             <name of font to use... default is "fixed">
> xterm*background:       <background color>
> xterm*foreground:       <foreground color>
> xterm*scrollbar:        <yes/no to display a scrollbar or not>
>
> there are many resources, but those are the basics...

...and none of these change the handling of aliasses.
If the aliasses get only read by a login shell (i.e. they are defined in
.bash_profile) the following Xresource makes every xterm a login shell:

xterm*loginShell: true

--
                                                     __    __
 Frank Barknecht           ____ ______   ____ __ trip\ \  / /wire ______