Re: Samba and NT Wkstn?

Leo,

>Well then, I guess wishing you good "luck" is all I can do!

OK, and I understand.  I was hoping I could get an answer here, but
I guess I have to try Samba's site because no one here seems to have
any idea.  Its crazy, 'cause everything I've read about it suggests
that NT 3.51 Wkstn should just flat out work!  In this case, machines
running WfW, Win95 or NT 4.0 all work just fine, but NOT 3.51!  And,
the doc's just seem to say it should not be an issue....but it is!
On three different versions of Samba, it refuses to connect to a
resource, all giving the same "Access is Denied" error box.

Actually, the 3.51 is installed on my laptop along with  Linux
and WfW.  The WfW works fine, no problem, but not the NT 3.51.  It
does everything just fine except map a drive from Samba.  Oh well...
Interesting that NT 4.0 (non-SP3) has no trouble either...

>If you have time, when you solve it I'd like to hear what went awry.

Sure will let you know.  Thanks for your help.

Paul