Re: PostgreSQL error ...

Hi Nuno,
You must do some steps of configuration before psql You can
psql.

(sorry sitting on front of wintendo, so I can have a look to the
environment, but I'm sure You easilly will  find the rigth settings on Your
system, )
1. Einvironment-Variables-Settings:
Environment-Variables, e.g. (changes will be need to settings for Your
system here)
PGHOME   /var/lib/pgsql
PGDATA     /var/lib/pgsql/data
PGLIB        /usr/lib/pgsql/lib
PGPATH    /usr/bin
2. login as user postgres

start:
postgres$ createuser nemanuel
Enter user's postgres ID or RETURN to use unix user ID:  600 ->
Is user "nemanuel" allowed to create databases(y/n)   y
Is user "nemanuel" allowed to add users (y/n)             y
createuser: nemanuel was succesfully added
postgres $

after the above changings in dependencies of Your system
You will be able to run psql