Lyx with typein

Okay, everybody says lyx is great, but for the darnest, I can't get it
to work with latex's \typein.

Here's the text ...

Now is the time for all good men to party.
\typein[\name]{What is your name?}  <--- This marked red for Tex command
You, my dear \name\ , are invited.

When I try to view or print,

On lyx version 0.12 An error box opens and says,

        There were errors during the Latex run.
                One error detected you should
                try to fix it.

                Dismiss     |
                        <---|

And then the file shows the word "Error" in a box beside the \typein
command.

Sorry, I can't be clearer but I've tried this many times. The file
works without typein, errors with it. Any ideas?

i.b.