Quantum Bigfoot

Not sure that my hamm installation on a Quantum Bigfoot 8GB would wholly
agree with you there.......

Maybe my setup is OK - I have a maxtor 2.5GB primary master disk, with the
bigfoot as the primary slave, on which Debian 2.0 is happily installed.

Actually the fireball disks are supposed to be faster, so you've probably
done as well out of it - I just needed (wanted??) a huge amount of space
to work with;-)

Simeon

-------------
"Debian Linux 2.0.34 will not install on Quantum Bigfoot 8Gb. I swaped it
for a Quantum Fireball 5Gb which works fine, I suspect all the Fireball
disks
work just as well (The 7.XGb is fine too).
I highly recommend the Fireball disks, they are fast, low noise, and
small.
I also see that there are problems with the Bigfoot with Red Had Linux
too.

--
dale@sirranet.co.nz"