Re: Kernel 2.2.

On Thu, Jan 07, 1999 at 01:32:27PM +0100, Thomas Janke wrote:

> The new LINUX-Kernel will be available soon.
> Is Debian ready for the new kernel?
> Will Slink be?

I'm running 2.2.0pre4 on Slink right now with no apparent problems, so
even though Slink won't likely ship with 2.2, you can upgrade easily.
I compiled and installed this kernel using Debian kernel-package.

Check out the kernel's CHANGES file to see other upgrades needed to make
the jump to 2.1/2.2:

http://www.linuxhq.com/change21.html

Make sure you read this before you report any problems.

As far as I can tell, the only package in Slink that doesn't make the
cut version-wise is sysutils; 'procinfo' segfaults on the newer kernels.
It's something most people can live without, although it's nice.

miket