Re: how to reinstall all? Alias: how to dup. an installation ?

Paolo Pedaletti <paolop@mmpoint.it> writes:

> Ciao,
> I want to format my HD and reinstall all the system, but I don't
> want to forget the list of installed packages (or reinstall them by
> hand...).
>
> If I do:
>
> # dpkg --get-selections | grep "[^de]install" | cut -f "1" > dpkg--g-s

You can simply use "dpkg --get-selections > file".

> I have all the installed packages in that file.
> And now?

dpkg --set-selections < file

Now run dselect to install the packages or "apt-get dselect-upgrade"
if your newly installed system supplies it.

	Torsten

BTW: Untested.

--
Homepage: http://www.in-berlin.de/User/myrkr