Re: Why not as a newsgroup?

On Thu, Jan 07, 1999 at 18:18:29 +0100, Didier Verna wrote:
> Mosl> Why not organize as a newsgroup only available as
> Mosl> news.debian.org ?
>
> 	I hope not. The signal/noise ratio on mailing lists is always so much
> better than on a newsgroup.

In my experience, most of the smaller news nets (e.g. forums.linuxworld.com,
news.redhat.com, news.stampede.org, and news.mozilla.org), unlike Usenet,
often do have a signal to noise ratio comparable to mailing lists.

Please note that Mosl wasn't talking about Usenet newsgroup.

Personally, I think it would be nice to have a comp.os.linux.debian in
regular Usenet, as a separate communication system from the Debian lists
(no gateways). Those who can still stand Usenet can use it; those who can't
aren't confronted with it.

Ray
--
ART  A friend of mine in Tulsa, Okla., when I was about eleven years old.
I'd be interested to hear from him. There are so many pseudos around taking