Re [Fwd: Installing debian with Win98]

Ed C. Wrote:

>        Just in case you don't know:  You can disable that Windows boot
> logo with an
> entry in msdos.sys (a text file now) of "Logo=0" in the Options section.
> Works for W95.
>        Replacing it with a penguin is an entirely different matter,
> though.  :-)

Well, this is probably quite off-topic, but all you need to do to
replace the win98 logo is to replace the C:\LOGO.SYS file, as I
recall.   That did at least work in Windows 95.  I don't see any reason
you can't replace it with a Penguin killing Bill Gates. ;-)  I don't
know anything about the file format or anything like that.

Some computer manufacturers use that file to differenciate their version
by adding "Dell" or "Compaq" to a portion of the screen (written in tiny
type compared to the Microsoft Windows logo).

Ben