Re: SoundBlaster Vibra 16 jumperless card under Linux

On Wed, 6 Jan 1999 23:39:54 -0600 (EST)
Stephen Pitts <smpitts@midsouth.rr.com> wrote:

> What type of BIOS do you have? my PCI PnP bios auto-configured the
> card and I used win98 to find out the irq and dma. There is a package
> called isapnptools that has similar functions. Get it, read the docs,
> ask the list if you need more help.

This card isn't actually a PnP card, and is not seen by pnpdump. It's a
jumperless card, so it doesn't have it's resources dictated by the OS,
but by a configuration program.

I'd perfer not to mess up my delicatly balanced windoze system by adding
another card, then taking it out and hoping it keeps the same resources.

damon

--
Damon Muller              | Did a large procession wave their torches
(damon@empire.net.au)     | As my head fell in the basket,