Re: Modem stopped working when I upgraded to hamm

Install isapnp package, and run pnpdump.  If the output detected your
modem, then you may be in good shape!  Make sure that the serial ports
are NOT built into your kernel, but are modules (I think that's what's
in the default kernel).  Then edit the isipnp.conf file to look like
the settings seen by windows95.  Make sure that the conf file is in
the correct directory (think thats /etc).  Hopefully init will then
run isapnp on bootup, your modem will come alive, and then the kernel
will load the serial modules.