Re: Festival/mpg123?

Gossamer writes:
>I have both Festival (for speech synth) and mpg123 (to play .mp3s)
>running on this box.
>
>At the moment, if Festival tries to say something while an mp3 is
>playing, it dies with an error.
>
>Is there any way to set things so that festival has precedence,
>and somehow makes the mp3 'pause' while it says its bit, then the
>mp3 to  resume?

Don't know, but an even cooler thing would be if the sound drivers
could handle both of them at the same time. I would REALLY like
that. It's so anoying when you don't get the sounds from Licq while
playing MP3s, and I always play MP3s... And it is doable, of
course. We'll just have to bug someone for that... :-)