Re: supported hardware

> Dear sir,
> I just bought two distributions of Linux ( SuSe and Redhat) they bought don't > support my hardware. I would like to check if debian can help me out. If so I > will be happy to download the distribution or buy it from a reseller.

Distribution is somewhat irrelevant in this question.  Though I certainly
would recommend Debian.

> VideoCard is a Diamon Fire GL 1000 PRO ( permedia 2 chipset) on agp
> Mouse is a intellimouse ( on PS/2)
> CD-rom is atapi
> HD is a WDC caviar on extended IDE

ALL of your hardware is perfectly compatible with Linux and also with X.
First make it all work in vt100-like mode (no X just ascii terminal).  I like
basic installation (about 25Mb) in Debian 2.0.  After that start to setup X.
Your X server is relatively new

ftp://ftp.xfree86.org/pub/XFree86/3.3.3/binaries/Linux-ix86-glibc/Servers/X3DL.
tgz