Re: Modem stopped working when I upgraded to hamm

---------  Received message begins Here  ---------

After listening to a number of suggestions, I installed a clean copy of
hamm from the CD to a spare SCSI disk.  The modem still doesn't work.
I removed the sound card and disabled all serial ports except for the
modem.

Tonight I'm going to install bo from Cd and make sure the modem still works.
If it does then I'll install things one at a time and see what happens.

Quick question.  Before I do that, what is the AT command to restore the
modem to factory settings?  Just in case diald screwed with them somehow and
that is what caused the problem.  This is a US Robotics 33.6 sportster
internal modem.  I wish they'd include a manual with modems still.

Thanks,
Jim.

To see my .signature file, go to http://reality.sgi.com/jwl/signature/