Re: uninstalling smail when a self compiled MTA is present

Marc Haber wrote:

> On Wed, 30 Dec 1998 14:56:15 -0500 (EST), you wrote:
> >Marc Haber said
> >> So I seem to be in a circular situation: I can't install equiv package
> >> just made because I have smail installed. I can't uninstall smail
> >> because I have numerous packages that require mail-transport-agent.
> >>
> >> How do I get out of this circle?

	You may have to use 'dpkg --purge --force-depends smail' to delete
smail, then immediately install your MTA.  If '--force-depends' doesn't
work check 'man dpkg' for the other '--force' options ('dpkg --help' or
'--force-help' may be sufficient).

--
Ed C.