Re: Winmodem?

On Fri, Jan 01, 1999 at 10:39:28AM -0000, eferen1 wrote:

> Hi. I had that problem too. If it's a winmodem, forget it!
>
> Get yourself a real modem. Debian people won't write a driver for it.

s/Debian/kernel/
s/won't/can't/

Trust me, if hardware specifications for this WinModem were freely
available, some signal processing sicko somewhere would be working on
a driver for it.

> MS has a closed door policy on their code, and probably locks their
> developers in it too.

As evil as MS are, they are not responsible for all of the world's
problems.  Blame US Robotics for this one; they have resisted repeated
pleas for open WinModem specifications.  Send them a (polite) note if
you have one of their WinModems and don't like their policy.

miket