Re: Mail - Sending (smail)

Austanners Wet Blue Pty Ltd wrote:
> I know this question has been asked before but i've looked in the archives
> and cannot find much. HOWTO not much help either. I'm using fetchmail to
> recieve mail from my isp and Mutt to read.Which files do i need to change
> (smail) to send mail to my isp (mail.austasia.net)?

In general, change the files in /etc/smail/*

You want to change /etc/smail/routers to have this entry:

smart_host:
	driver=smarthost, transport=smtp;
	path=mail.austasia.net

This will cause mail not handled by the entries above it (local mail)
to be sent to your ISP.

Alternatively, you could just install exim, which is much easier
to configure.  Just install it, and answer the questions it asks you.

-Mitch