Re: xbase XFree86 bug 24985 ?

I appreciate the advice.  I tried xf86config and all I could get when
using xdm
or startx is thin vertical lines.
By the way, I have a 6330 Hewlett Packard Pavilion which has a SiS 5598,
2 Meg
of video memory available (up to 4, but the BIOS is set for 2)

When I was asked for what kind of server, I tried SVGA and later tried
just VGA
with color. I tried without color too in some other spot.   I just want
something that works to give me a feeling that I have accomplished
something.
After that, I'll make something more happen.

Thanks for any help,
Michael