Re: Grafting other kernels on Debian's rescue disks

Thank you Ray.
I tried with the bzImage file on SuSe and copied it to the 2.1.4 boot
floppy. The floppy obviously now boots but now the last lines of the
boot log:

RAMDISK .....
Uncompressing .....
VFS : Mounted root
VFS : Cannot open root device 08:01
Kernel panic : VFS unable to mount ....

and hangs there ...

BTW 2.1.4 does NOT boot my old faithful Thinkpad 760 like the tecra did
so just going to zImage does not appear to be enough.

Any other ideas ????????

Ciao Bob.