Problem on Gnome-0.30 panel

Dear Debian users,

I have a question on the Gnome-0.30 panel. Since now I use hamm and haven't
upgrade to slink, so I try to get all the necessary source of Gnome and
other libs from the slink source tree and use dpkg-source, dpkg-buildpackage
to build them. All seems OK, except the following problems:

1. The final deb packages don't have the "panel" program. I have traced
   the steps when making gnome-core-0.30, but it seems that the sub-dir
   panel/ in it doesn't make. When I go to that directory and type "make",
   it gives the error message:

gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I.. -I. -I. -I../intl -I../intl -DGNOMELOCALEDIR=\"/usr/share/locale\" -I/usr/include -I/usr/include -DNEED_GNOMESUPPORT_H -I/usr/lib/gnome-libs/include -I/usr/X11R6/include -I/usr/lib/glib/include -I/usr/X11R6/include -I/usr/lib/glib/include -g -O2 -Wall -Wp,-MD,.deps/orbit-applet-lib.p -c -fPIC -DPIC orbit-applet-lib.c
orbit-applet-lib.c:4: orb/orbit.h: No such file or directory
In file included from orbit-applet-lib.c:19:
gnome-panel.h:7: orb/orbit.h: No such file or directory
make: *** [orbit-applet-lib.lo] Error 1

   So, what's the problem of the panel program?

   PS. After I finished build gnome-core, I got

		gnome-control-center_0.30-2_i386.deb
		gnome-core_0.30-2_i386.deb
		gnome-panel_0.30-2_i386.deb
		gnome-session_0.30-2_i386.deb
		gnome-terminal_0.30-2_i386.deb
		libcapplet-dev_0.30-2_i386.deb
		libcapplet0_0.30-2_i386.deb
		libpanel-applet-dev_0.30-2_i386.deb
		libpanel-applet0_0.30-2_i386.deb

       and I have installed them all.

2. This is a minor question. Originally my system has installed
   "libjpeg6a_6a-11" package, but to make gnome, it seems that I should
   install "libjpeg62" package. So I also build the

	libjpeg-progs_6b-1.2_i386.deb
	libjpeg62-dev_6b-1.2_i386.deb
	libjpeg62_6b-1.2_i386.deb

   and installed all of them. To install libjpeg62-dev ...., I should
   remove the package "libjpegg-dev" because of the conflict problem.
   Now I start to build others, I often encounter the warning message:

ld: warning: libjpeg.so.6a, needed by /usr/lib/libtiff.so, may conflict with lib
jpeg.so.62

   Does it will affect the final result?

Thank you very much for your help in advance.

T.H.Hsieh