Re: Debian install failure on laptop. Please help ...

AARRRRRGGGGGGHHHHHHHH !!!
Tried resc1440 from 2.1.4 (with 2.0.36 kernel) and the laptop DOES NOT
boot succesfully !!!!!!

I know the machine can be booted to linux OK because of tomsrtbt doing
so !!!

The A20 Gating failed problem was fixed BUT the boot hangs with no
message whatsoever after the Loading linux ............. dots (cursor
blinking uselessly on the following line).

NOW ... what can I do to "EMERGENCY" install a Debian system with the
box ipled with tomsrtbt (which gives me the system up and running, with
my HD partitions ready for ext2 and swap, the network and the CD) plus
the 2.0 CD ????

Thank you and have an happy 1999.

--
Robert Alexander - IBM Italy