Re: WP 8 problem

On Fri, 18 Dec 1998, Dave Swegen wrote:
> all the extra bells and whistles go download bloaty-hog staroffice. I find it
> rather amazing that people complain about something they paid nothing for.

Paid nothing for?! We have per minute phone bills here - downloading
something that big which turns out not to be "fully functional" at all is
in fact a waste of money. Downloading large files over a pretty slow
connection with per minute phone bills is not my idea of fun - at least I
get some compensation if the program is worth it...
It's not so much the fact that I don't like WP - in fact I think it is a
good quality product - it's that it wasn't obvious that it would not be
fully functional and I decided to spend my time online downloading it as I
believed I'd be getting a good, truly fully functional package (which,
incidentally, I do get from StarOffice).

--
Charles