RE: programmes to turn emacs text in WinWord

On Wed, 2 Dec 1998, Leandro Dutra wrote:

> > I want to work with Linux but where I am, I am the only one.
>
> 	Welcome to Linux!

[snip]

> > After all we can not build a wall to separate the world in MS users and
> > Linux users.
>
> 	As someone already pointed out, Micro$oft makes a point of
> never using an available standard...

If memory serves me, the help files for Windows 3.1 were actually written
up as RTF, and then had something akin to byte-compiling done to them. I
remember reading the documentation about six or eight years ago.
And, of course, M$ had to use TCP/IP and HTTP..not that they didn't try to
modify the protocols....