RE: programmes to turn emacs text in WinWord

> I want to work with Linux but where I am, I am the only one.

	Welcome to Linux!

> Does anybody know if there are programmes to assure compatibility between
> emacs (or another editor) and MS Word ? Even under licence, not only free.

	First thing to learn is that Emacs isn't a word processor (yet),
it is just a text editor -- but the best one, IMHO.

	If you want strict M$ Word compatibility, go for WordPerfect,
Applix or StarOffice.  There are alternatives even more capable than
Word, like LyX and LaTeX or even SGML -- but they will not be
compatible!

> Or maybe somehow using Netscape as text editor ?

	No!

> After all we can not build a wall to separate the world in MS users and
> Linux users.

	As someone already pointed out, Micro$oft makes a point of
never using an available standard...

Leandro Guimaraens Faria Corcete Dutra
Amdocs Brasil Ltda