Re: Understanding /root Re: My solution

On 03 Dec 1998q, Joseph Hartmann wrote:
> I have run linux for years with just a linux native partition as
> big as I can make it, and a linux swap (= 2x my ram size) with no
> problem.  I believe your approach is some kind of "protection"
> for runaway events, but in four years I have had no such event.
> I think the partitioning is not necessary, and I think it may
> have bad side effects (like wasting disk resources).  This is
> just my opinion.

This is reassuring; I've also been doing this for some time, though not as long
as 4 years. It saves a lot of hassle.

Anthony

--
Anthony Campbell  -  running Linux Debian 2.0
acampbell@achc.demon.co.uk  http://www.achc.demon.co.uk

"The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ,
Moves on..."   - Edward Fitzgerald