superformat:floppy not transferable?

Hi:

   I am using Debian 2 Linux, installed recently. The new version
   has superformat instead of fdformat. I am able to use superformat
   to format  floppy disks ( superformat /dev/fd0 ) and use the
   disks, but I am unable to mount the disk on the machine at home
   ( or vice versa ). The floppy drive controllers on the two machines
   are different, I presume. But is this a bug, or do I have to
   give some parameters when formatting? The floppy disks are 1.44 MB
   high density, double sided.

Sebastian Canagaratna
Department of Chemistry
Ohio Northern University