Re: Festplatte partitionieren

For answers in German language please contact debian-user-de@jfl.de

> Ich habe eine 1,7GB ATAPI und demnächst kommt noch eine 6,4GB Western
> Digital hinzu.
> Die ATAPI würde ich gerne für die Installation von Debian und anderen
> Betriebssystemen nutzen (NT40, DOS6.22).
> Außerdem benutze ich ME10 und ProE (CAD-Software), einige "Rechen"-
> Programme (z.B. Mathcad, ANSYS), Staroffice, Word und Excel und ein
> bißchen Spielen will ich auch noch (z.B. Forsakken).
> Internet Zugang ist auch vorhanden und ein lokales 3-Rechner Netzwerk.
> Wie groß sollte dabei meine /root, /usr, /dos, sein; Brauche ich noch
> andere Partitionen? Gibt es leben im Weltall?

The size of the /dos partition doesn't matter, as long as all your dos
programs fit on it.

More interesting is the size of /root, /usr, /home and /var.

/root = 50 MB is sufficent.

/home depends on the number of regular logins and what they will do on
the machine. For using Staroffice, you have to multiply 8 MB with the
number of users. If you have archives of mailing lists, you have to
take more space per user.

/var is the home of the print, news and mail spool. Depending on the
number of high volume newsgroups/mailinglists, I would calculate 5 MB
per Newsgroup and Day (might be more).

/usr depend on the number and size of the applications you will
install. On my heavy used system (netscape, staroffice, maple, emacs,
C/C++ environment) it has a size of 375 MB.

HTH,

Jens
--
Jens.Ritter@weh.rwth-aachen.de       grimaldi@debian.org