Re: Recommendations for Email client?

On Tue, 1 Dec 1998, Mitch Blevins wrote:

> And if you must have an X-based MUA, then I would suggest mutt...
> (in an xterm) ;)
>
> -Mitch

Mutt configuration pretty much sucks for the average non-Unix desktop
user. You need to know way too much about what you are doing. xfmail will
give you all of the above with nice GUI configuration menus. Mutt is
basicly not an option for the non-geek, particularly if you are going to
support a few hundred people using it that do not know an IRQ from ICQ.
This is not a religious statement of personal preference, it is a
statement of simple reality when trying to support users who know next to
nothing about their system. Basic rule is, if you must start an editor to
configure it, it is not an option.

George Bonser

The Linux "We're never going out of business" sale at an FTP site near you!