RE: Monitor vs X servers

> There is only one card, displaying the info through DOS MSD command
> shows a subset of info for the VESA stuff, which I have no idea if
> it's used or not.

	Oh... that S3 Trio is the chipset of the card.

> The card is supported, my question is what X servers will both the
> card and the monitor support, or am I stuck with VGA16 for my server?

	The X server has nothing to do with the monitor.  I have
no access to the Net or to my Debian machine from where I am
now, so I can't check which is the right X server.  Certainly,
if the card is supported it means support above VGA16.

	Perhaps the SVGA X server, but I am not sure.

Leandro Guimaraens Faria Corcete Dutra
Amdocs Brasil Ltda