Re: Partition Magic 4.0

On Mon, 30 Nov 1998, Roman Malinowski wrote:

> I am about to install Debian 2.00 onto my PC with Windows 95 already on
> it.
> I want to pre partition hard drive with Partition Magic 4.00 since
> Powerquest Corp  claims that v4.00 fully supports Linux's ext2.
>
> Has anybody used Partition Magic 4.00 to create ext2 partitions and does
> it work correctly?
> Thanks Roman Malinowski

I wouldnt use partition magic to create your partitions, let linux
fdisk/cfdisk do that. Sure, go ahead and use it to resize and move your
current ones, but IMHO, the linux utils are best for linux, and the DOS
utils are best for DOS. I never use a third party program to create
partitions.

                       Michael Beattie (mickyb@es.co.nz)

                          God's last name is not damn.