Re: netscape woes

Richard Lyon wrote:

> What's the fuss about? Just download it yourself and install it. Apart from
> configuration data, all of netscape resides in /usr/local/netscape, so you can
> upgrade to newer versions easily.
>
> The browser works well, maybe even better than IE5. V4.5 may be the last free
> browser from netscape, so enjoy it while you can!
>
> > Ed Cogburn wrote:
> >
> > > Question #2:  Alas, Netscape Communicator is a *bloated pig* of a
> > > program.

	Well, for one thing, we were talking about the NS *.deb packages in
slink, and not the NS tarball you can get from ftp.netscape.com.

	Apparently, NS 4.5 doesn't do well for everybody (I have to be very
carefull with the mouse when switching windows to avoid a crash).  I've
never used IE5, so I can't compare.

--
Ed C.