Sound Card

Hi folks,

Another (probably) dumb question, about the sound module for my SoundBlaster
card...  During the config (menuconfig) one is asked for the IRQ and DMA
settings, but it seems to expect one DMA of 1 or 3, and another of either
5,6, or 7.  This worked fine on my other PC (Jazz16 with IRQ7, DMA 3,5) but
my soundblaster is DMA 1 and 3... the sound module compile and installs
(even loads with insmod OK), but when called (xquake starts) it has an error
during the DMA initialisation...

Am I missing something obvious here?

Thanks,

Andrew

(who now reads his email on his linux box, but still can't quite get it to
send properly yet...  :-)