Re: First-time Linux setup - questions

Someone pointed out correctly that I had to run ldconfig.  What I figured
out for myself was that I had to add /usr/openwin/lib to the conf file
first.

However, now I have a new problem:

	olvwm: cannot connect to (NULL DISPLAY)

Now what?  In UNIX, I would just type "setenv DISPLAY maui:0.0" and that
would be that.  But LINUX does not use setenv?  How do you set environment
variables in LINUX?  I tried adding "DISPLAY=maui:0.0" to my .bash_profile
with no success.  What am I missing?

Thanks,

Jerry