Re: OFF TOPIC: help with SMB wierdness?

On Wed, Nov 04, 1998 at 03:57:37PM -0600, Eric wrote:
> I've been messing around with writing a Tk frontend to smbclient
> similar to the Micro$oft network neighborhood thing...one of these
> doesn't exist, does it?  I've kinda run into a wall with testing my

There are two graphical samba "browsers" of which I am aware:
tkchooser and smb2www.  In fact, there is a smb2www package for Debian
(you must install a web server to use it, though).  I played around
with tkchooser for only a little while, but could not get it to do
anything.

I think there is still room for improvement though, as far as
graphical samba clients for Unix.  <shrug>

--
Matt Garman, garman@uiuc.edu
"They're always havin' a good time down on the bayou,