Re: Problems with DIALD

Matthew Myers writes:
> Could someone send me some working diald config files and scripts or
> point me in the right direction to find some?

Here is my /etc/diald.options:

# /etc/diald/diald.options

# This is the port the modem is connected to.
# *** MODIFY to match your set up ***
device /dev/ttyS2

# diald log file: do not change.
accounting-log /var/log/diald.log

# diald monitoring pipe: do not change.
fifo /var/run/diald.fifo

# This turns on full debugging.
debug 77

# We have PPP
mode ppp

# IP number (a dummy to make diald happy)
local 10.0.0.1
# IP number for the provider's machine. This is different each time we connect.
# This is not a problem, but it'll make the routine table look funny.
remote 10.0.0.2
netmask 255.255.255.0

# If the connection gets broken from the ISP, redial only
# if there's outgoing traffic from our side.
two-way

# When the link's up, change routes to point to the real link
# instead of the proxy.
reroute

# diald should set a default route to the proxy SLIP link.
defaultroute

# These two scripts must be executable.
# They are not required.
# ip-up /etc/diald/ip-up
# ip-down /etc/diald/ip-down

# Script used to bring up the serial line.
connect "chat -v -f /etc/chatscripts/provider"

# Do UUCP locking.
lock

# We connect through a modem.
modem
crtscts

# Local tweaking
connect-timeout 90
dial-fail-limit 2
died-retry-count 0

# Add options to pass to pppd here.  'noauth' is almost always required.
pppd-options noauth

include /etc/diald/standard.filter
dynamic
-buffer-packets

# End of /etc/diald/diald.options

You probably don't need to change any of the other files in /etc/diald.