Re: Daemon rpc.nfsd dies / GLIBC bug

On Wed, 4 Nov 1998, Llista mail debian wrote:

> Hi!
>
> 	We have a serious problem with daemon rpc.nfsd.
>
> 	This daemon dies very often and we don't know why.

This is a known problem -- the problem has to do with a bug in the glibc
code, and not rpc.nfsd.  You have two options to avoid this bug.  The
first is to use the old rpc.nfsd from the bo distribution, which uses
libc5 instead.  The other alternative is to find an older version of glibc
which doesn't contain a call to svc_getreqset() in line 331 of
glibc/2.0.7/sunrpc/svc_tcp.c.

Steve