DHCPCD?

I attempted to manually install the DHCPCD client daemon, to update my cable
modem IP as my ISP changes it.

It seems to have installed, and setup itself to run at boot time. However, it
does nothing.

If I run it manually I get this:

    # /usr/sbin/dhcpcd -d
    ioctl SIOCSIFBRDADDR (ifConfig): Cannot assign requested address

and it does *not* configure my eth0 device. I have to manually configure it to
get access to my network.

I'm using DHCPCD 0.7 from a February 1998 hamm beta. I'd like to hold off until
I get a new drive and Debian 2.1 is released before reinstalling, so far I've
had no other problems.

So what's wrong, and how can I fix it? Thanks.

--
SEGV    http://www.cgocable.net/~mlepage/