Re: netdate

On Mon, 2 Nov 1998, Steve Lamb wrote:

       I use netdate to sync my machine's clock to several other
   clocks.  However, netdate does not change the BIOS clock along with
   the system clock so each time my machine is rebooted (which is
   often right now, nasty memory leak somewhere) the clock is out of
   sync again.  This is also happening on my laptop.  How can I set
   the BIOS clock from inside Linux and is there a time syncing
   program which can poll other machines and do this?

I use 'hwclock --systohc' to set the BIOS clock to the current system
time.  I have a ntp server and I sync clients using rdate (since I'm
not concerned with millisecond accuracy) nightly in cron.

Thanks,
Dennis
--
Dennis Kelly <dpk@egr.msu.edu>