Re: offix

I know I'm following up my own post here, but no-one else did....

On Tue, 27 Oct 1998, H C Pumphrey wrote:

> Just a small one: I tried installing the offix suite several times from my
> Debian 2.0 CD. It never worked, presumably because of bug #27078:( libdnd1
> does not run ldconfig in the postinst!). None of the offix commands
> appeared except for offix-editor and that didn't work, producing an error
> along the lines of "I can't work because libdnd isn't installed properly.
>
> Is there a hack, kludge or other work-around which will install the offix
> suite? (Preferably one that doesn't involve installing a large percentage
> of slink!)

The answer comes from parsing the one-line bug description and realising
that if "libdnd1  does not run ldconfig in the postinst" then you just
have to do it yourself:

prompt# dpkg --install libdnd.<version_numbers>.deb
prompt# ldconfig

*then* install all the other offix stuff.

Keep draggin' and droppin...

Hugh

Hugh C. Pumphrey, Dept. of -    | Tel. 0131-650-6026,Fax:0131-650-5780
Meteorology, Univ. of Edinburgh | Replace 0131 with +44-131 if outside U.K
EDINBURGH EH9 3JZ, Scotland     | Email hcp@met.ed.ac.uk