Re: PCI NE2000 network cards

On Sun, 4 Oct 1998, M.C. Vernon wrote:

> 	I have been informed that these cards need a kernel patch to work.
> Someone here will (hopefully) email this to me in the near future. At the
> moment, I have the base system and no more, as I can't get at the net to
I don't know where you heard this but it is inaccurate. I have a PCI
ne2k card that I got to work first time, the only time I had any
trouble with it it turned out to be a flunkey piece of cable. Just
insmod the module or compile a kernel with support in it. My card id
even plug and pray and it work fine as the irq's of my pci slots are
set in the bios :)

Nikolai