PCI NE2000 network cards

Dear all,

	I have been informed that these cards need a kernel patch to work.
Someone here will (hopefully) email this to me in the near future. At the
moment, I have the base system and no more, as I can't get at the net to
download anything else (well, not without using another machine, copying
the files to floppies and so on), so:

is this problem solved in any of the later kernels (2.0.33 is the one on
the set of boot floppies I have, but I gather it affects all the 2.0.X
kernels - can anyone confirm?), and are there boot floppies available that
use this? and if not, how can I apply the patch?

Please cc replies to me, as my current lack of connectivity makes
receiving the user list impracticle.

Thanks,

Matthew

--