Re: wvdial. . .

On Sat, 3 Oct 1998, zuwi wrote:

> Person, Rod at 0:39:17 wrote:
> PR> Secondly anyone using wvdial...
>
> I've tried wvdial, it looked just fine, found the modem,
> got those a lot of works done automaticaly,
> and then dialing as well, pppd was started,
> then "died". I got the messages as
> "peer refused to authenticate.."
> Then I tried pppconfig, surprising,
> this is too very simple configuring work,
> and it worked.
> I guess maybe I did something wrong when configuring wvdial,
> but since pppconfig works just fine, so..
>
> zuwi
>

> --

If you haven't already, you might check the /etc/wvdial.conf file and
make sure your username and password are correct. Or like you say, you
can just keep using pon/poff; I personally like it a bit better because
you get your prompt back. What I don't like about it is that you don't
know if you're connected or not unless you plog or ping or something.

BTW anyone, why doesn't adding a normal user to the dip group give him
the capability to plog to see if he's connected?

Kent