Re: Excel DLLs (.xll) in Wine or Willows or Bochs or ...

On Fri, Oct 02, 1998 at 08:16:59AM -0300, Paulo Henrique Baptista de Oliveira wrote:
> 	Hi Debian users,
> 	my boss at work have to run a simulation into Excel that uses a DLL of Excel (.xll). The problem is that the simulation will take too long (about 7 years) and he couldn't put this kind of thing to run in Windowze because it could go into GPF and loss the entire simulation.
> 	He asked me if it's possible to run Excel into Linux and the simulation too. I thinked that Wine can do that? But I didn't play with Wine before because I am very happy with my Linux box (100% Microsoft free). But I'm curious. Is that possible with Wine?
> 	Can anyone give me some hints or share experiences?
> 	Have a nice day,			Paulo Henrique

Well I have to ask...
what kind of simulation is this that takees 7 years and...
if it is such a serious simulation...why would he use excell?

could some other piece of software be more apropriate?

or is it it will just take 7 years IN excell...y know...like
balancing your checkbook :)

-Steve

E-mail "Bumper Stickers":
"A FREE America or a Drug-Free America: You can't have both!"
"honk if you Love Linux"