Re: debian as secretary?

*-Phillip Neumann <filsin@bigfoot.com>

| I want to access my pc from univerisy. Of course i can, i have done it.
| But I can only if my pc is connected to internet (obvious). I just
| cannot getup on 8:00am, turn pc on, connet go to univ. and then back at
| 5:00 becouse the phone-line must be paid..$$.. I would like to call my
| pc:
|
| 244334565: ring ring
| pc: ``hi Phillip is not here but you can leave a message. If you want to
| connect me to internet after you hang up press 1.''
| phillip: #1 [beep]
| Phillip: hang up
| time
| time
| --phillip go to the univ. computers that are with win95 (jiaaaak) and
| ftp to his pc so he can print works at univ.
|
| (i have not a printer at home)
| I could enter at univ. system from home and througt the work to printer,
| so when i go there it would be printed, but thats not the idea...
|
| Exist a software that can do that?? or should i start with
| development.....

Try this one:
[olet@apollo] ~/xtron-1.2> dpkg --print-avail xringd
Package: xringd
Section: comm
Installed-Size: 43
Maintainer: David Engel <david@debian.org>
Architecture: i386
Version: 1.20-1
Depends: libc6
Filename: dists/stable/main/binary-i386/comm/xringd_1.20-1.deb
Size: 18074
MD5sum: b44b557bd1238830b8c1ba6b53a7270e
 xringd will monitor a serial line for RING signals and activate various
 commands when specific "ring-delay sequences" are detected.

--
...Unix, MS-DOS, and MS Windows (also known as the Good, the Bad,
and the Ugly).                                       (Matt Welsh)