PPP Server Package?

I'd like to set up my machine so that I can dial it up and run it remotely.
I believe that mgetty is the general program, but is there a debian package
which will configure and ask me all the right questions and make all my
dreams come true? (Lately, it seems like 2.0 approaches this)

Something similarly cool would be if I could set it up to listen for a
particular ring pattern (a "one ringer") that signals it to ppp into my isp
and then email me the IP address it has been issued. Then I could telnet to
it or run it as a web server, etc. I'm sure this has been done before.

At least can someone point me the way to those relevant howto's (ppp howto,
mgetty howto, anything else?) and possible packages?

Thanx in advance,

Ed

Ed Young                        (303)706-5425
Email: ed.young@echostar.com
Echostar Technology Corporation
Software Engineering
Englewood, Colorado