Re: messages that jam mail readers

On Mon, 3 Aug 1998, Patrick Olson wrote:

> I have received several e-mails from this list that cause fetchmail to
> stall.  There is something wrong with the individual e-mails, as Hotmail
> can't quite handle them either. Although Hotmail retrieves them from the
> POP server, the web browser stalls while displaying them.
> I would like to stay on this list, but it's not worth putting up with
> e-mail problems.  Please do your best to make sure that what you send is
> not going to cause anyone problems.  If e-mail you have sent is the
> culprit, you will be receiving e-mail from me politely asking you not to
> jam up my e-mail and asking for information that will help me piece
> together the cause of the problem.
>
> Has anyone else had this problem with their mail?  Could someone who
> understands what is causing this problem explain it to me?

I receive mail from this list in digest form and did not experience such
problem with mail from the list.  However the same thing happened to me
several times caused by spam.  Every time I have to phone in to my ISP and
ask them to delete the message as they do not allow me to telnet and do it
that way.

I would also like to know how this can be solved.

Johann

| Johann Spies                                 Windsorlaan 19              |
| jhspies@alpha.futurenet.co.za                3201 Pietermaritzburg       |
| Tel/Faks Nr. +27 331-46-1310		       Suid-Afrika (South Africa)  |

     "Love is patient,love is kind. It does not envy, it
      does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is
      not self seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps
      no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but
      rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always
      trusts, always hopes, always perseveres."
                                I Corinthians 13:4-7